Lemon cinnamon nougat
Actualizado: 29 de abr de 2020
Back on Christmas 2015 I came up with this creation in order to be able to enjoy a traditional sweet treat, while being good to my sensitive stomach. I can't believe it has taken me so long to share the recipe with you! It's raw vegan, easy and quick to prepare and absolutely delicious! Here we go:
Ingredients (12 servings):
30g shredded coconut
1/2 vanilla pod
150ml coconut water
75g coconut flour
30g coconut oil
30g xilitol (brown sugar would work too)
Zest of one organic lemon
1. Put cashews, shredded coconut and coconut water in a blender (use a power blender, e.g. Vitamix, if possible. This would significantly reduce the needed time to get the desired texture).
2. Cut the vanilla pod in two and scrape the seeds out. Add it to the other ingredients in the blender.
3. Blend ingredients till very smooth. Remember that with a normal blender this will take a little longer.
4. Once well blended, put mix in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, except for the cinnamon.
5. Mix everything using a spoon or your hands.
6. Place mix in a tray or mold.
7. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
8. Place in the freezer for a few hours.
9. Take nougat out the freezer 10-15 minutes before eating.
10. Enjoy! :-)
This recipe works very well with a wide range of flavours. Be creative! Keep the base (all ingredients except for lemon and cinnamon) and add any other elements you like. I have experimented with these other combinations: chocolate with puffed rice and almond with dried cranberries. Options are endless!