Actualizado: 29 de abr de 2020
Croquettes are a classic in all Spanish families. This is a dairy and gluten free version, that everyone can enjoy. Even the little ones, I promise! This recipe yields approximately 25 croquettes. You can also use the mix to make hamburgers.
150gr pepper (red or a mix of different colours)
2 stalks cellery
150gr cooked millet
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tbsp soy sauce (tamari if gluten free)
1/2 tbsp dry herbs (basil, oregano, thymian...)
You'll also need
Rice cooker or conventional pot
Flour of choice (I use oat flour)
1. Cook millet following product instructions. I find that cooking millet in twice as much water in a rice cooker works really well and requires cero attention. You can also use a normal pot and cook millet in a slow fire.
2. Allow millet to cool down before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients.
3. In a food processor, chop peppers, cellery and carrot. Saute in a pan till golden (about 10 minutes.)
4. While the vegetables are cooking, mix ground flax seed with 2,5 tbsp water and let sit for a few minutes.
5. Put vegetables and cooked millet back into the food processor. Add flax egg, soy sauce, herbs and vegan parmensan if using. Blend till everything is evenly mixed.
6. With a spoon, take a portion of the mix and form it into the shape of a croquette.
7. Coat croquettes with flour and pat to get rid of excess.
8. Fry with a little oil in a pan or bake in the oven till golden (200ºC aprox. 15-20 minutes).